Today I came across some beautiful and free clip art done by Angie, of Angie Makes. I was so excited to make some printables with them, but wasn’t sure where to start. I ended up choosing a favorite verse of mine, Proverbs 31:25. After that, I wanted to make another one. I started surfing Pinterest and found another idea. It was Proverbs 31:26.
Then it came to me: What about a series?
Proverbs 31:10-31 is a well known passage about what a godly woman looks like. I’ve decided to do a little series. Each post will unpack one of the verses and have a printable to go along with that verse. I’m going to start with verse 10 (Yes, that means that those lovely printables I made for verses 25 and 26 won’t come for awhile. Stay tuned!) and chug along through verse 31.
Keep in mind:
- This won’t be a “one post each day” kind of thing. Let’s be honest, my posting can be pretty sporadic. Hopefully, it will be a post every few days. No promises, though.
- My plan is to dwell on each verse for a whole day. Really think about it and let it sink in and ask God to speak to me.
- This is more for me than for you. I want to grow and become the woman that God wants me to be. What better way than meditating on what He told me to do?
- I would love to hear your thoughts on these verses as we go.
Ready. Set. Go.
Verse 10 reads:
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
I’ve read this verse many times, but this time two big things stood out to me:
- First thought: She is hard to find.
Why would she be hard to find? There must not be many women of noble character.
Why aren’t there many women of noble character? This must be a hard thing to be.
If there aren’t a lot of women of noble character, this might be a lonely road at times.
It almost seems like this opening statement is a warning. “To keep reading this and live it out won’t be easy.” What a way to start!
- Second thought: She is worth far more than rubies.
Yes, it’s hard.Yes, it can be lonely.YES, it is valuable and good and right.
This also ties in with a couple of posts ago (Changing the World), when I talked about how being a mom doesn’t always feel valuable. Being a woman of noble character and a godly wife doesn’t always feel valuable. However, if the God of the universe says that it is worth more than rubies, it sure must be.
I’m looking forward to working through Proverbs 31. Here is the printable and see you next time for Proverbs 31:11!