It’s been awhile, but I’m back again! Baby J has been working on his first couple of teeth. There are SO many options for teething remedies. I thought it would be appropriate to share what has worked for us, this far! Maybe someone else is wondering how all these different things compare, too.
Here is a list of things we have tried:
Silicone Teething Necklace
- I was given one of these as a gift and loved the idea of baby friendly jewelry. I haven’t really warn necklaces since Judah arrived, because they always seem to get in the way. This worked pretty well, but it did take him awhile to figure out what the necklace was there for.
- BONUS: Here is a coupon code to order one of these from a lovely lady at “Chews You” for 20% off your purchase! Use Code: CHEWSYOU20
CHEWSYOU is owned by Arianna and Ray Francis, proud parents and the designers of the first stainless steel and silicone teething necklaces. For every necklace sold in their shop, they donate one to their local pregnancy resource center in a “Buy One, Give One” program.You can check them out here!
Traditional Cold Teething rings
- Baby and I both liked these, but he couldn’t manage to keep them in his mouth very well. I don’t think he liked his hands being cold. Maybe these will be helpful in the future, though.
Wooden teething rings:
- I’m making some like this. I’m not sure yet, if Judah will like them. I really like the idea, so I hope so! (I’m using the tutorial found HERE)
Hyland’s Teething Tablets
- Apparently, this is what worked for me as a baby. We’ve tried them a few times and they seem to work. (I got mine at from amazon)
- I’ve done this a few times also with good results. Tylenol works as long as you’re okay with medicating your baby and you use safe dosing. 😊
Here are some others that we have NOT tried:
Baltic Amber Teething Necklace
- I asked my Facebook friends about these and got a mixed report. I did a little research and decided that the expense was not worth the potential benefit, from my perspective. Some people really like these, though, and they are definitely the trendy teething solution right now!
Sophie the Giraffe
- I’m kind of cheap…err….frugal (that sounds better). Not worth the expense to me.
- I like the idea, but I haven’t done anything with these yet. (see above)
Come to find out, teething hasn’t been a huge issue for my babe. He must be a tough guy, or something. I guess I shouldn’t say anything yet,though. We’re only a couple of teeth in. What are your favorite teething remedies?